Linhof Studio prize draw
Below are products part of our prize draw taking place at the end of our open day
Compagnon Leather camera strap worth over £100.00
Paramo Halcon jacket worth £330.00
Lee Filters DSLR Kit worth £245.00
Linhof Profi Ballhead II worth £290.00
Hasselblad Masters Book worth £50.00
Joe Cornish This Land, signed worth £35.00
Lee Filters Offers 22nd Feb – 22nd March 2017
Launching on our February 22nd OPEN DAY, Linhofstudio have put together two very special LEE Kits to celebrate Lee Filters’ 50th Anniversary.
These offers will strictly end on the 22nd of March 2017, the day after the Photography Show so you can get amazing offers without the NEC rush.
The LSL DSLR SKY Kit. Special Offer £360.00 inc vat (rrp £448.88 inc vat)
Kit includes: 1 x DSLR KIT , Wide Angle Adaptor , SKY GRAD Set & BW Outdoor Protective Case.
– The DSLR is a perfect kit to get you started in landscape photography. It contains: a filter holder ready mounted to take 2 filters, a 0.6 (2 f stops) neutral density hard graduated filter, a 0.6 neutral density solid Pro Glass 100x100mm, a cleaning cloth and a tri pouch. A wide angle adapter of your choice is also included.
– The Sky Grad set will enhance the natural features of the sky that are already there and can be used individually or in combination. It includes a Sunset 2 Graduated from red to yellow, a Sky Blue 3 and a Coral Stripe.
– BW Outdoor case type 1000 to carry and protect your most valued equipment. External (mm): 270 x 215 x 105 Internal (mm): 250 x 175 x 95 Weight: 0.7kg
The LSL LEE Filters 50th Anniversary Kit. Special Offer £660.00 inc vat (RRP £813.41 inc vat)
Kit includes: 4 ND Grads of your choice, Landscape Polariser & Ring, Lee MIST Set & BW Outdoor Protective Case.
– 4 neutral density graduated filters 100 x 150mm of your choice from 0.3 to 0.9 density in soft, medium, hard or very hard graduation.
– A Landscape polariser and polariser ring. This polariser has a slight warm up effect and will negate vignetting down to 16/17mm.
– A Mist effect set includes mist graduated, stripe and spot 150 x1 50mm. See the Lee Filters mist set video HERE
– A BW Outdoor case type 5000 with a carry strap. External (mm): 470 x 365 x 190 Internal (mm): 430 x 300 x 170 Weight: 2.9kg
Follow us on Social Media or sign up to our Newsletter from our home page to ensure you are informed of weekly promotions and activities during the next 4 weeks.
Lee Filters Effect Sets
Although the use of neutral density filters is essential in landscape photography, effect filters are also occasionally used in order to bring out the light from a sunset or sunrise, the reds and browns in autumn leaves or simply to add a more atmospheric effect such as a mist over water.
Lee Filters and Landscape photographer Mark Bauer have produced a very informative video on the use of graduated effect filters. Mark Bauer gives incisive and clear advice on when and how to use, or not to use, the effect filters through a series of images. The same filters are available as single filters for the Sev5n and SW150 system.
Get all 4 sets below for £430 inc vat and carriage to the UK HERE
In this video they concentrate on 4 sets which will enhance the natural features of the image:
Sunrise set : Mahogany 1, Straw 2 and Straw Stripe 100x150mm hard graduation
Sunset set: Sunset orange, Sunset yellow and Sunset red 100x150mm hard graduation
Autumn set: Chocolate 2, Coral 6 and Tobacco 2 100x150mm hard graduation
Mist set: Mist spot, Mist graduated and Mist stripe 100x150mm hard graduation
All photos taken by Mark Bauer
Wednesday February 22nd 2017 10.45 to 18.15
204 Leigh Road, Image House, Leigh on sea. Essex, SS9 1BS
Refreshments available all day at the rear of the front showroom.
- 10:45 DOORS OPEN – Rear Showroom. Informal Meet and Greet with the LinhofStudio Team , Joe Cornish and all company representatives.
Demonstrations and expertise on hand all day in the rear showroom during the talk times.
Please speak to staff and check in for your booked events.
- 11:30 – 12:30 FRONT SHOWROOM TALK
Joe Cornish – Landscape Photography & the Other Arts.
This talk explores relationships that can be found between landscape photography and the other arts; and how these form references and inspiration which, for Joe, have helped shape the direction of his work. Brief Q & A will follow. Booking required.
- 13:45 – 14:15 FRONT SHOWROOM TALK – The Good the Bad & the Ugly ask the Expert Panel .
A light-hearted Q & A session with Joe, Eddie Ruffell and Paula from Linhof Studio. With their collective 150 years of experience – let’s see if you can stump them with your questions.
15:15 -If the weather is kind for February the possibility for a small group to accompany Joe across the road to our perfectly formed Gothic Style Church whilst he composes with camera movements and shoots with the latest high end Medium Format Digital. Places will be limited. Booking required.
All Day – 30 mins 1 to 1 demonstration of the Hasselblad X1D will be taking place throughout the day. Places will be limited. Booking required.
- 16:30 -17:30 FRONT SHOWROOM TALK .
Joe Cornish – Craft Skills of the Photographer, Ancient & Modern.
Joe draws on themes from early photography, including old processes, glass plates, the darkroom and so on, to show that in spite of the digital revolution the thought processes of the landscape photographer have not in fact emerged from the last decade alone. A talk with cameras, filters and post production ideas to emphasise the holistic nature of the workflow and highlight its complexity. Booking required
18:15 – Linhof Studio Prize Draw extravaganza before the close of the open day.